In Rheumatoid Arthritis the lining of joints or lining of internal organs are inflamed . This disease may be chronic ( lasts for a long time ) or may flare up intermittently. The inflammation of lining of joints causes swelling, pain, redness, stiffness and warmth in the affected region . The cells of inflamed lining release enzymes which may harm the related bone and cartilage. This process may cause deformity of joint, pain and may restrict joint movements. In ayurveda there is very detailed description about Rheumatoid arthritis or “Ama vata”.
The exact cause of Rheumatoid arthritis is not known. But immunologists have discovered that Rheumatoid Arthritis is an auto immune disease. Some may have a tendency to inherit this disease. The cause of rheumatoid arthritis is very well explained in Ayurveda. The rheumatoid arthritis is caused by formation of “ama ” ( a toxin that is produced by imbalanced body fire ). The toxin ama is carried by imbalanced vata ( one of the three energetic forces ) and reaches the kapha ( one of the three energetic forces ) dominated places like joints, stomach , chest , brain etc. This toxin becomes sticky due to imbalanced doshas and blocks the vital channels which nourish the body.
The sticky toxin ama not only affects the joints but also spreads all over the body . The channels ( channels like arteries, intercellular spaces , pores in cells etc are called srotas ) which allow nutrients to flow through and nourish body tissues , cells get partially blocked. This leads to a decreased supply of nutrients to body tissues and cells . Thus the immunity of the body gets lowered , the appetite reduces , the body becomes weak due to insufficient nourishment of body tissues.
The ama which gets harbored in joints acts like a foreign substance and triggers the immune system. This leads to inflammation of linings of joints .
Formation of Ama
Opposite foods, opposite lifestyles, lowered body fire, sedentary work, over physical exertion which involves lot of joint movements cause indigestion , imbalance of doshas and formation of ama
- Inflammation of joints
- Difficulty in moving
- Usually starts in hands and feet. (wrist and hand joints)
- Can also affect neck, shoulders, knees, hips and ankles.
- Some times affects the same joints of both sides of body.
- Rheumatoid nodules.
- Chronic RA may cause a damage to affected joints.
The locally exhibited symptoms are explained in ayurveda as follows :
This means the joints of neck ( manya ) , back ( prishta ) , hip ( kati ) , knee ( jaanu ) , sacral region ( trika ) and other joints get inflamed. The joint movements are often accompanied with sounds . This disease which also makes body weak is known as amavata
- Loss of energy
- Loss of appetite
- General fatigue (early symptom)
- Other boy organs may be affected
According to ayurveda the Systemic symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis are described as follows:
- Body pain ( angamarda )
- Distaste to food (aruchi )
- Thirst. ( trishna )
- Malaise. ( aalasya )
- Fever. ( jwara )
- Indigestion. ( apaaka )
- Weakness ( shoonata )
Tips to reduce pain in joints
- Weight reduction
- Exercise well moving all your joints.
- Take a warm shower everyday.
- Ayurveda tips to reduce pain
- Avoid curds, fish, milk, urad dal, jaggery, and constipating food.
- Consume horse gram, ginger, bitter gourd, drum sticks.
- Remove the sprouts (which will be present inside garlic cloves) of garlic by splitting, Soak these garlic in buttermilk over night. Next day morning wash the garlic with plain water. ground this garlic to thin paste.
- Consume 1/2 tea spoon of this paste with warm water every day morning in empty stomach.
- Always use hot water to bathe and to drink
- Avoid cold breeze
- Do not consume opposite foods
- Empty bowels regularly
- Do not control natural urges
- Avoid late nights and afternoon naps.
The Ayurvedic Treatment for Rheumatoid arthritis
The line of treatment involves the following steps:
- Avoiding the formation of ama by increasing the body fire
- Expelling the already formed ama
- Reduction of inflammation in joints
- Rejuvenating the affected joints and body. (By providing natural calcium supplement)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Kit (Includes ayurvedic preparations for rheumatoid arthritis. The medicines last for one month)
Our Product Az-Artho is very helpful for rheumatoid arthritis patients. Az Artho is a well researched combination of herbs, as per Ayurveda which help maintain joint’s flexibility, regulate the tone of the muscles (tone up the muscles), lubricate the joints, strengthen the cartilages and tendons, give nutrition to bones and joints, reduce the inflammation and stiffness of the joints by restoring the proper functions of the biological components.
Our Other beneficial product to cure rheumatoid arthritis problem.
1. Az Artho
2. Aryanz Ashwgandha
3. Ashwandha from Nature
We have three modes to treat this disease
Our consultation : Dr. Naveen Arya (BAMS,PGD Yoga)
& : Dr. Anju Arya (BAMS,PGD Yoga)